Legal Question in Elder Law in Pennsylvania

Incapacited relative - no power of attorney

My elderly, spinster aunt fell a few days ago and is in a coma. She has no power of atorney. I am the only relative, with the exception of my mother (her sister) who is in a nursing home due to altzheimer's. What do I need to be able to make decisions regarding my aunt's care and/or removing life support systems?

Asked on 2/12/04, 1:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James J. Ruggiero, Jr. Ruggiero Law Offices LLC

Re: Incapacited relative - no power of attorney

You would need to be appointed your relative's legal guardian by the Orphan's Court. I have practiced in Chester County Orphan's Court for the last 14 years and would be happy to provide you with a free initial consultation to discuss this matter further.

Jim Ruggiero 610-889-0288

Read more
Answered on 2/12/04, 2:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania