Legal Question in Elder Law in Pennsylvania

Okay, so my maternal grandfather passed away a week ago. My immediate family is scattered throughout Colorado, Nebraksa, and Wyoming, but we all made it to Pennsylvania for his funeral, with the exception of my father. We've been in Pennsylvania for a week now, helping my grandmother. My grandfather died in a nursing home and my grandmother is currently in assisted living. My whole family went to help my uncle clean out my grandparents' old farmhouse, as it is now falling apart and mouse infested. The only thing is, that house was full of valuables, both in the monetary and sentimental sense. My uncle has slowly been hoarding everything he deems valuable into his basement and refuses to let anyone in my family see it, not even my mother. He has blatantly disrespected my deceased grandfather's wishes and my grandmother's wishes. My grandmother is the executor of my grandfather's will, but my uncle has made it no secret he doesn't care what she thinks and will not do what she asks. This is tearing my family apart. Is there anything we can do to my uncle? Both he and his wife are absolutely disgusting and only want money, and I'm worried sick for my grandmother. What do we do? He won't listen to us and openly disrespects my entire family. I even witnessed him making my 87 year old grandmother cry and blame my mother for 'riling her up' when my mother did no such thing. What on earth do we do?

Asked on 1/20/12, 9:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Solomon Weinstein Solomon Weinstein, Esquire

Your grandmother should obtain an attorney in Pennsylvania to help with probate who should be able to resolve this matter.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/12, 7:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania