Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

Court Ordered Visitation

My 12 yr. Old Refuses to see his father on his court ordered visitation,the reason my son refuses to go is because his father is always punishing him for his mental condition which is Tourette Syndrome/ADHD,father never gives my son his medicine he expects my son to remember to take it when he is with him,my son ran away from his house about a month ago and ever since my son refuses to go back to his house.Can his father sue me in court in contempt of the custody order?I need some advice,I have asked his father is he would consider counseling and he never responds back to me.He shows up to get my son on his visit dates and my son goes out to him and tells him he does not want to come,his father then leaves.My son is very stressed out and upset about this my son does not want to see him,what do I do?Do I force him to go knowing all of this that goes on?His father is denying all of the things my son has told me and the police,the police were contacted when he ran away because I wanted it to be documented.He sends him away from the dinner table if he has any uncontrollable tics at the table while everyone else is trying to eat,always tells him to stop his tics, with T.S. it is uncontrollable and you can't just stop the tics.

Asked on 5/11/08, 11:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Re: Court Ordered Visitation

Yes he can. You unfortunately have to make him go. That said you should be filing to change the custody order.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.


Read more
Answered on 5/11/08, 11:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania