Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

Custody across state lines

My bf and I broke up and my family is moving can I move also with our child. Or do I have to stay here with no family or support of any kind?

Asked on 5/06/07, 4:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kristofer Kaufmann Torchia & Kaufmann, L.L.C.

Re: Custody across state lines

You must petition the court for approval if you don't have a formal custody agreement or approval from the boyfriend. The court will not look favorably if you take the child without their permission if neither of the above two conditions apply.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/07, 4:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania