Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I am getting a divorce in the state of PA. We have been seperated for almost three years. My ex wife filed for divorce about a year and a half ago. I have paid family support upwards of $7000 a month since I moved out of the marital home three years ago. I am a physician employed by a hospital system. Prior to meeting my ex wife, my parents made my brother and myself partners in a family business. I received a salary from this company during the time I was married as an officer for the company, but I haven't worked at the business for a number of years. Following my seperation, my parents sold their portions of the family business to my brother. This makes him 75% owner of the c corporation that is the family business. He claims(and also had some financial documents to prove) that my parents had thrown the business into a great deal of debt prior to selling their shares to him. He has now cut off my salary claiming he is having difficulty making payroll for hourly employees. Now my ex wife has hired a forensic accountant to value the business, so she can have her share of the amount the business has preciated during the time of our marriage. My brother and the companies lawyer are not very forth coming with documents and I'm worried that this whole process could take many more years. The business valuation seems unnecessary and I don't know what steps to take next. Any advice is appreciated.

Asked on 4/24/13, 4:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Why don't you have any attorney?


Read more
Answered on 4/25/13, 6:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania