Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

my girlfriend is pregnant and her parents want me to help pay for an abortion but abortions are against my religion and beliefs. are her parents able to sue me if i don't help pay?

Asked on 7/18/11, 11:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cary Hall Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.

They can sue you -- because anybody can sue anyone else for anything, if they have the filing fee -- but I don't think they would have a valid case against you. There is no enforceable obligation for you to pay for an abortion, regardless of religious beliefs. They can, however, encourage their daughter to seek child support from you for the next 18 years.

Best of luck to you.

Cary B. Hall, Esquire

Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.

121 East Chestnut Street, Suite 205

Souderton, PA 18964

T: (267) 663-9995

F: (215) 525-4364

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/19/11, 4:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania