Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I was granted a PFA in Pa from my husband. The court has required I stay in our home. He has an assault weapon that has not been turned in and can be very violent. I am very fearful for myself and two small children (8weeeks and 2years old) to stay where he knows where to find me. I have no friends or family in this area and want to return home to Ohio. What can I do ?? Do I stay in house to avoid legal trouble and maybe be killed or return to Ohio and be breaking court order ???

Asked on 5/15/16, 1:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

If he has weapons he either turns them in or faces a contempt charge.

If you want to move you can ask a court to let you and the children move.

You are not required to stay in the house you just have the right to stay there and he has to stay away.,

You need to contact either the YWCA or legal services or even victim/witness assistance.


Read more
Answered on 5/16/16, 8:00 am
Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

I agree with Mr. Davidson. You can either report the missing weapon to the police who will arrest him and a hearing will be scheduled for contempt, and/or file a Petition to Relocate. It is a process and can take 30-90 days. Feel free to call or e-mail me on a free initial basis.

Very truly yours,

Matthew R. Nahrgang, Esquire

35 Evansburg Road

Collegeville, PA 19426

(610) 489-3041 ph

(610) 489-3042 fax

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 5/16/16, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania