Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

my husband & i have court appionted visits for my grandchildren once a month & 4 week in summer. my daughter in law lived in pa took kids out of state to S .C my son was in jail we were granted grandparents vists every month & 4 weeks in summer .we drive to S .C every month and drive them back home .can she stop vists being there is a court order . son is now home wants to move back with her says we wil not see kids that often . both are on probation her for thieft drugs drinking him for ins fraud please adivese

Asked on 5/14/13, 3:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

Although it sounds like South Carolina has jurisdiction, generally, the courts look to the best interests of the children. Certainly, parents have greater rights than grandparents. But, if the schedule is benefiting the children, the court is unlikely to change it. That is especially true if the parents have many shortcomings.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 4:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania