Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

My husband and I are considering filing for custody of my 4 1/2 yr old step daughter. He is in the Navy and we have a very stable home. What brought this up for us has been the things our daughter is struggling with in preparing her for preschool and numerous stories she's told us. She's going to be 5 in 2 months and doesn't know her ABC's or how to count past 10. She cannot correctly identify her colors or shapes yet either. She has no clue how to tie her shoes or correctly handle her hygiene when using the toilet. We had an occasion this summer where I felt she needed to see a doctor due to vomiting and her mother demanded we not make her an appointment. She has never been to the dentist and we took her to find that she has 3 cavities due to lack of oral care. She's told us stories about how she was kicked out of her previous preschool and her aunt who was supposed to be watching her slept all day. She told me at dinner one night her Mom lets her ride on the back of her grandfather's motorcycle too. Her mother hasn't held a steady job in months and is trying to ask for more child support while she doesn't have our daughter enrolled in any preschool facility and she asked us to purchase her "school" clothes. We feel like she isn't being properly cared for and wonder if we have a shot at getting full custody of her so we can get her on the right track to success and help her grow into a healthy young girl.

Asked on 8/16/12, 10:33 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Howard Rovner Howard Rovner Esq. - Call: 215 820 9149

If you are an hour from the Philadelphia area, please give me a call and I can offer you a free consultation.

Cell: 215.820.9149

Read more
Answered on 8/17/12, 6:47 am
John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

OK, here's an answer not an ad. One, reversing custody is not easy but it can be done. One of the big factor on the outcome is how close you live to mom. I just checked you're in Norfolk, that adds to the degree of difficulty. Where exactly does mom live.

Feel free to contact me the initial consultation is free.


Read more
Answered on 8/17/12, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania