Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

my ex husband has sole custody of my son on paper but 3 years ago he kicked my son out and my son has lived with me since. i recently went for child support and my ex is throwing a fit telling my son that he can make him go back to his house at any point in time because he has custody on paper. my son is 14. can he really force my son to go back there? wouldn't kicking your child out of the house make the custody agreement from years ago null and void?

Asked on 9/26/13, 12:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

No you have to file for modification of the custody order. The only thing that cann void a custody order ids the child turns 18 or there another custody order.


Read more
Answered on 9/26/13, 12:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania