Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

Leaving the state with custody issues

A very good friend of mine is at her financial end with no job prospects available. Part of the reason she was fired was risque pics posted on myspace of her by her ex-husband. She wants to leave the state and live with her parents in another state. Yet she is required by law to appear at visitation every week. Is there anyway she can leave legally? Are there emergency clauses for things like this?

Asked on 5/26/07, 8:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

Re: Leaving the state with custody issues

Does she intend to take child/children with her?

If so then she needs a modification of the custody order?

Yes she can request an expediated hearing, She would likely benefit from having an attorney present her case.

If we can help let us know. Services at a reasonable fee.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/07, 10:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania