Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I live in Fl and up until 2 months ago my son was in Pa with his mother. There is no custody order in place and we were never married. I pay child support and have continued paying child support even though my son is now with me. I went and got him after an incident with the police and OCY that made me fear for my sons safety. After numerous times of politely asking the childs mother to send down his insurance information and medicine she continues to refuse to send it down. This would not be a problem, but I cannot get our son insurance here or take him to a doctor without his current insurance information. Our son is four and came down with multiple visible cavities, she has never taken him to the dentist. On top of that i need to get him into counseling because i have seen many warning signs thAt he has seen sexual activity with his mother. He is very sexually agressive towards my girlfriend and has displayed other sexually concerning things that are definitely not normal for a four year old. My question is, is this considered medical negligance because she is refusing to send the insurance information and medicine necessary for me to be able to get him health insurance? And what about the sexual stuff? Is that considered sexual abuse if he is seeing his mother do sexual things?

Asked on 5/24/13, 9:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

You are leaving out important info. What county in PA? the the office of OCY know the child has relocated to Fl?

You are going to need a family lawyer from the county where the child lived to assist you in getting the documents you need.

Are you saying Florida Chip won't sign your child up for benefits?

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 5:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania