Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I live in Pennsylvania and was married for 1 year and 3 months. My husband has filed a complaint to get spousal support because I earn more than him. However, he has a trust fund worth $85,000. Would he be eligible for anything??

Asked on 6/12/20, 12:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

Support is only based on income, not assets. However, if there are grounds for divorce, such as being separated for at least a year, or other fault grounds, you can challenge his entitlement to support.

I hope that helps, but don’t hesitate to call or email me on a free initial basis.

Very truly yours,

Matthew R. Nahrgang, Esquire

35 Evansburg Road

Collegeville, PA 19426

(610) 489-3041 ph

(610) 489-3042 fax

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/12/20, 12:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania