Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I have been married for 25 years. I want a divorce. What is spousal support? We have 1 teenage child. I don't know where or how to even where start.

Asked on 10/18/22, 10:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

The first step should be to speak with a family law attorney who practices in your county. I do not but could refer you to one who does.

If you retain an attorney, he or she will file a Complaint in Divorce which begins the case. You will be eligible for a divorce decree upon consent of both parties following a 90 day waiting period or after you have been separated for more than one year. During the case, your attorney will negotiate with your spouse to settle the marital estate.

At any time, you can seek spousal support to help you with meeting expenses. That is filed in the Domestic Relations Office of your county which I believe is Northampton.

I trust this answers your questions but feel free to call or email on a free initial basis.

Matthew R. Nahrgang, Esquire

35 Evansburg Road, Ste 400

Collegeville, PA 19426

610 489-3041 o

610 489-3042 fax

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 10/19/22, 9:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania