Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

my mother has had my niece basically since the day she was born, my sister is in and out of my niece's life (whenever it is convienent for her). My mother pays for her things, takes her to the doctors , pays those bills , does everything for the child while my sister does nothing, this has been going on for eight years, only twice my sister has showed up at my moms demanding the child and she went with her for maybe a month and she was right back with my mom. The child is with my mom now and has been for a while. Is there anything she can do , or file for, so that the mother can not rip this little girl away out of her home again. She doesnt know if she can file custody papers or what. My sister at one time did say she would sign papers but never followed through with it

Asked on 12/12/11, 6:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

You mother can petition the courts for custody. She gained that right when she took care of your niece for at least 6 months.


Read more
Answered on 12/12/11, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania