Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

i have primary custody of my daughter. Her father has never been in her life. i want to make sure that if something happens to me my godmother and sister are able to take care of my daughter legally without no interference from other family members or her absent father.

Asked on 9/16/18, 5:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

The word your are looking for is guardianship. Normally this is done by putting the information in your will. The key thing now is to discuss this with your sister and godmother so every one agrees as to what should happen and to make them aware what the need to do in case something happens to you.

This is probably going to require a lawyer to get it done right,


Read more
Answered on 9/17/18, 6:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania