Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I received my divorce decree with nothing but a stamp of the judge name, not actually signed. Does Pennsylvania require a judges signature or is a rubber stamp of his name ....President Judge good enough? My "Original" decree has a raised seal and says it is a true and correct copy certified from the records of......county, penna. The only signature is that of the Deputy Prothonotary. Am I, in fact, divorced?? Should I contact the county branch where the papers were filed?

Asked on 10/19/11, 4:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Justin Gearty Law Office of Justin C Gearty Jr

Yes, it sounds like you are divorced. It isn't that odd for the judge to sign via a stamp.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/11, 6:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania