Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

My son pays child support and has visitation rightsfor his 6 yr old son in PA. He lives in NC and has not been to PA in about 15 months.He has been trying to get his support caught up and has been working steady. There is a court order to split holidays and birthdays. He asked to see his son this Thanksgiving and the the mother said he lawyer said he has to go through reconciliation therapy to "reintroduce father to son" . We are wondering if this is a valid request or just a stalling tactis.

Asked on 11/15/13, 10:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Does dad keep in contact with his son? If so then I think its an attempt to keep Father from exercising custody rights. Each case is different a lot depends on facts you haven't stated. Where does the child live? Feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.


Read more
Answered on 11/15/13, 11:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania