Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

can i sue the cys

in 1986 my son was place in foster care cause he had gotten into his med while i was gettin his youger off the steps if not he wouldhe would have fell and gotten seriously hurt and it worked on my nerves so i placed him on my own to get help my case worker at the time drucilla hardy took me in uniontown to the court house she said to me ar u going to sign the papers to give up gilbert i said no she said if i didnt sign them she would and she did and the whole time her or mr dave madison or anyone there told me that i had to write gilbert a letter to put in his file me and his brother my other son dave has not seen or heard from him ever since that they were unfair to me and if so i would like to see if i can sue the cys

Asked on 6/17/08, 11:45 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Patrick Narcisi Narcisi Law Offices, P.C.

Re: can i sue the cys

Yes; if your rights were not respected; if the CYS workers violated the law or their own rules; if actions which should be voluntary were coerced you would have a basis for a lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/08, 12:09 am

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Re: can i sue the cys

While it is true you can sue anyone for just about anything in reality its not that easy.

First, suing C & Y while satisfying on some level rarely results in a verdict in your favor.

Second, if the suit is based on what happened in 1986 you can NOT sue. You had 2 years from then to file your lawsuit. If you did NOT then the statute of limitations will bar you from suing.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.


Read more
Answered on 6/18/08, 9:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania