Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

Before my wife and I were married we had a joint, physical and legal custody agreement approved and made an order of the court of common pleas of schuylkill county,because she would take my son and move to her parents and would not let me have him,when we would have arguments.We are married for 6 months,and she moved out again around the middle of May,we were doing the court ordered agreement,but she didn't bring him today where we meet to exchange him ,my question is,Does the court order joint custody still apply or was it null and void when we got married and how can I get my son for the days I'm suppose to get him?

Asked on 6/12/11, 5:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Let me see if I got this right. You had a child before you got married and had a custody order put in place. Next you got married. Then separated. I'm not sure the ordered became voided just because you got married. It might have been but I doubt you filed notice to the court of the marriage.

It's possible that the order is still enforceable. One way to find out is to file a contempt petition to enforce the existing order.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.


Read more
Answered on 6/13/11, 3:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania