Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Pennsylvania

can a civil judgement suspend your diriving Privileges

A neighbor and I bumped into each other, both agreed no damage, not fault, later she calls wanting money. wanting to turn into insurance for $500. I refuse, she gets her insurance co. involved, takes me to the local magistrate, and wins judgement for $500.00. I get a note from magistrate saying that she won and NOT to send them the money, but nothing from insurance . co or her as to where to send money and am hesitant to send to her, because in my opinion she's dishonest and just looking to make a quick buck. I get a letter from her ins. company saying since they have not received payment as agreed, that they are notifying the state to suspend my driving privileges? There was no police report, not ticket issued, just the judgement. Can they do that? They don't have my DL# or SSN# or Insurance Company name..

Asked on 3/04/06, 7:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stanley Fudor Law Offices of Stanley Fudor

Re: can a civil judgement suspend your diriving Privileges

The answer is that they can suspend your driver's license based on civil judgment. If it has been less than 30 days since the judgment you can file an appeal at the Court of Common Pleas. You should consult with an attorney to discuss this matter further.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/06, 5:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Pennsylvania