Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Pennsylvania

What do i do if my landlord is making his failer my problem?

He hasnt fixed what needs to be fixed he hasnt paid the water which will be shut off he hasnt paid garbage or sewer either and when we called to see why they stopped picking up our trash we were told we were illegally in the house as it was not inspected and the brough has been trying to reach him regarding these matters

When we told him he said he couldnt afford the bills and that he wasnt going to be able to fix it in a day that it would take time and we were demanding to live comfortable while he didnt even have a phone

Asked on 3/20/18, 9:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

I would need more information to answer your question. You don't mention if you have a written lease and if you do when it ends. In any case, it sounds like the house or apartment that you rent is uninhabitable, or will about to be. If that is the case you have a right to withhold rent or just move. You should take photos and have letters, emails or texts with the landlord confirming all your conversations. Before you do anything else you should get a consult with a local attorney experienced in landlord-tenant (LT) matters. You can contact the Bar (Lawyer) Association for the county where you live & ask for the Lawyer Referral Service. You should be able to obtain a very inexpensive consultation with an experienced LT lawyer. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 3/21/18, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Pennsylvania