Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Pennsylvania

I was just recently denied my short-term disability claim that I filed with the insurance company that my employer uses. They claim that my medical records do not support my claim. However, my doctor had told my employer that they had to modify and restrict my hours of work because of my disability. What can I do to get reimbursed for my missed hours of work?

Asked on 12/22/17, 1:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

It's likely your claim is controlled by a law with the nick-name ERISA. I suggest you locate a lawyer in your area that handles ERISA disability claims. These are complicated claims that would take too long to answer on this web site. Most lawyers will provide a free consultation. The lawyer may take the case on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no attorney fee unless there is a recovery. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 12/26/17, 7:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Pennsylvania