Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Pennsylvania

Do I have the right to sue for half the value of my common law partners retirement/salary? I live in Pennsylvania and have no legal documents of Common Law - just own a home together for the last 8 years. Do not have a combined checking account, but both parties pay the bills.

Asked on 5/13/11, 9:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patrick Henigan Eckell Sparks

Pa has essentially ended recognition of common law relationships after 2005.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/11, 12:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Pennsylvania