Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Pennsylvania

I am a 17 year old high school graduate in need of emancipation. My parents and I have been disagreeing for months about where I should go to college. I am financially responsible for college. I am currently enrolled at the University of Pittsburgh and Fordham University. I want to go to Pitt because it is more affordable, close to home, and I want to study their Psychology program. My parents want to ship me off and they have threatened physical violence if I do not comply with their demands. Their is a history of abuse in my family. How can I file for legal emancipation?

Asked on 7/19/10, 9:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Yes you can, but it varies by county. You will have to prove to the court that you are financially able to take care of yourself. Here is a link to a very good explanation of it:

Read more
Answered on 7/22/10, 10:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Pennsylvania