Legal Question in Employment Law in Pennsylvania

Can a employer change a employees time card without the employees knowledge?

Asked on 1/06/12, 11:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Solomon Law Office of Andrew A. Solomon

No.. But you better have proof of it before you take any action. First, you can file a wage complaint with the Pa. Dept. of Labor. Complaint forms are on line. Or you can speak to him about. Or if you're in a Union, you can complain to your union rep. On the other hand, jobs are hard to find, and your employer might fire you for some other cause. You might win if yuo file a retaliation claim with the Dept of Labor, but that will take time, and can you afford to be out of work? I'm not saying that the employer should not be fined or made to correct the situation. He obviously should. But on the other hand, if he fires you, what will you do then.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/12, 8:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania