Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Pennsylvania

My tenant sold my 3 yr old range and refrigerator from his apt to a local used appliance dealer for $75. I purchased them new for $849. The store owner has them in his showroom priced for sale and wants me to pay the $75 he gave to my renter to redeem my two appliances. He claims that I knew the renter is a thief and would be trying to sell my property therefore as a businessman in PA he has the right to believe the resident of the apartment who initiated the sale and signed the sales agreement therefore giving him the right to disconnect my working appliances and remove them from my property and place them for sale in his store.

Is there a legal process in PA that I can use against the store owner to get my appliances returned to the apartment with out paying him anything?

Asked on 8/30/13, 6:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Yes it's called the police. Your tenant committed theft of movable property. The appliance store owner maybe guilty of receiving stolen property.


Read more
Answered on 8/31/13, 7:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Pennsylvania