Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Pennsylvania

I entered into an attorney representation agreement with an attorney on a contingency fee

basis (no fee unless there's an award). Now that the case is not going very well and

it's wrapping up with a tiny settlement, the attorney wants to unilaterally revoke the

contingency agreement and charge an hourly fee, or otherwise abandon the case.

Can the attorney legally do that?

The case was a Federal Employment Age Discrimination case.

Asked on 2/15/11, 8:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

This is likely not a malpractice issue, however attorneys do not get to unilaterally change their fee agreements.

Read more
Answered on 2/15/11, 9:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania