Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Pennsylvania

What is meant by a "Written Statement from an Appropriate Licensed Professional" ? Per PA Code/Rule Rule 1042.12 and Rule 1042.3(e) ? Any samples to share or format needed? By Pro Se Party in Pennsylvania.

Asked on 7/11/13, 4:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jerry Meyers Meyers Evans & Associates, LLC

You must obtain a writting from a similarly licensed professional asserting that you suffered injuries by reason of the offending licensed professional having perpormed in violation of accepted standards of practice. The writing need not be disclosed to anyone unless your suit fails. In that event the professional you sue can require you to disclose the writting which justified your original filing.

"I have reviewed the records of the treatment provided ___________ (name) by Dr ________(Name and title of person(s)). In my opinion, Dr. _________(Name and title of person(s)) in his/her treatment of _________(name) acted beneath accepted standards of care and caused ___________(Name) to suffer ________(describe injury)."

Filing a pro se professional negligence claim involves many proceedures which must be followed. You should consult an attorney in your jurisdiction if possible.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 12:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania