Legal Question in Personal Injury in Pennsylvania

My 15 year old daughter was injured recently at Witford Country Club while driving a golf cart that they provided. She was there at as a guest for her friends cancer foudation benefit. She was trying to pass another cart and ran over some rocks which caused one of the tires to be punctured. She was thrust forward from her seat and scraped her forearm and also sprained her elbow. She told me what happen after I picked her up but not right away. The next day we took her for x-rays and she was given an arm sling. We had no intention of asking the Country club for reimbursement. A couple of days later I was told they wanted a $100 deductible. They wanted to add it to the bill for the cancer benefit. This angers me. Do I have a legal case since the Country club provided my 15 year old daughter with keys that she was given at the club house to drive the golf cart? I thought you needed a drivers license to drive a golf cart or at least be with a licensed driver.

Asked on 10/09/11, 5:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Senker Senker Law Office

They should not have permitted your daughter to drive, but your daughter was negligent also. My advice would be to tell them that you're not paying any money. I doubt they'll pursue it for $100. Feel free to call me if you want to discuss.

Richard Senker 610 279 1600

Read more
Answered on 10/09/11, 5:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania