Legal Question in Personal Injury in Pennsylvania

Here is my question. I was rcently in a car accident. I was stopped in line for construction. I was at least 3ft behind the car in front of me. A lady (i'm a woman too.) came from behind and rearended my car. My car touched the car in front of me.(No damage.) My car is damaged. I had to go to the hospital. (whiplash. ) My insurance had lapsed. (Limited tort). The woman who hit me came to my window and asked me why i stopped. Also she gave the officers her medical card for her auto insurance. I do not know if she has insurance. BTW(her car is totaled. She was going about 45mph). I got insurance back the same day. Can I sue her for my injuries and time lost for work? Also, do i have the right to sue her for the damages to my car? One mechanic said it would cost more to fix than i paid for the car. Thank you

Asked on 8/23/12, 8:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Kotik Lawyer Michael Kotik | Criminal Lawyer

You do the have the right to sue to her for your injuries, lost work, and damages to your car. However, whether or not your lawsuit will be successful will be determined by a lot of things, like your insurance, circumstances of the accident, your injuries, etc...

I would suggest talking to a lawyer who handles personal injury and tort claims.

Michael Kotik, Esq.

Two Penn Center (Philadelphia)

1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220

Philadelphia, PA 19102


Read more
Answered on 9/13/12, 4:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania