Legal Question in Personal Injury in Pennsylvania

I have recently had the gstric bypass, and I am on a very strict diet, and in order to get enough calcium I have to drink atleast 3 glasses of fat free skim milk. The other night I poured a glass of milk and as I was drinking it I began choking, I couldn't catch my breath, so I spit out my milk and put my figure down my throat to pull out whatever was in it. Well I was able to get it out, and I was soo sickened by what I almost swallowed. It was a 4" long off green 8th of an inch piece of material, kindof looks like a bread tie without the wire in the middle. The item smells like spoiled milk, it was 100% gaurenteed in my milk! I haven't been able to drink milk since, and the problem is is that I need to have a certain amount of calcium each day, so i've been taking an extra chewable calcium tablet at night. If I would've swallowed that object it could've done serious damage, cause i am unable to eat or drink anything that isn't liquid or pureed.

I contacted the milk company and they want to send a rep over to pick up the object and the rest of the milk that I didn't drink. What should I do? Should I let them take it? Do you think I need any attorney? Is there any type of money I can get out of this?

Please let me know.


Asked on 5/23/10, 9:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Marvin Cohen, Placitella & Roth, P.C.

Definitely consult an attorney BEFORE you even think about letting go of the object. That attorney can answer your other questions.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/10, 11:53 am
Solomon Weinstein Solomon Weinstein, Esquire

I agree with the previous comment. i would not give anything to the milk company or anyone until you speak with an attorney. You probably should have the object and milk independetly tested by someone else rather then the milk company but discuss it with an attorney first.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/10, 12:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania