Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

cohabitant refuses to remove his property

My now exboyfriend is refusing to remove his personal property from the premises which I own. I was wondering what my rights are as far as moving his things out. I gave him one 1/2 months notice to do so and he has done nothing to find storage or his own place to live. We are currently cohabitants but I gave him a date of Nov 1st to move. Am I able to move his things into storage for him?

Asked on 10/29/03, 1:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Hershenson Law Office of Gerald M. Hershenson

Re: cohabitant refuses to remove his property

I suggest you consult legal counsel. If you take any action without notice to your old boyfriend can create problems for you. If you place them in storage you will be the party responsible for the charges. I suggest you give notice in writing to him to either remove the goods by a reasonable date in the future (specify the date) or you will place them out in the trash. However, please seek legal advice before taking any action. Gerald M. Hershenon Esq.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/03, 1:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania