Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

What can I do if i have filed a loan modification and it has not been approved in over 3 years? Meanwhile the late fees and penalties have been accruing since I first filed.

Asked on 6/10/11, 2:06 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Solomon Weinstein Solomon Weinstein, Esquire

Have you had continued communication with the mortgage company since you filed.? You need to talk to the right person to fin out the status. Best advice may be to consult with a lawyer to review the situation and advise as to appropriate course of action to take.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/11, 4:51 am

Miriam Jacobson Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson

If your property is in Philadelphia and is your residence, and if the bank has started foreclosure in the Court by a complaint or if any of the foreclosure process has been scheduled, you may go to the Court of Common Pleas Mortgage Foreclosure Conciliation Hearings, usually held on Thursdays, in Courtroom 676, City Hall. You may be able to get help there.

This response is not legal advice, since I do not have all of the information that would be required, and I do not have a representation agreement with you.

* If the answers to your question confirm that you have a valid issue or worthwhile claim, your next step should almost always be to establish a dialog with a lawyer who can provide specific advice to you. Contact a lawyer in your county or township.

* Another reason for contacting a lawyer is that it is often impossible to give a good answer in the Internet Q&A format without having more information. The unique circumstances of your situation and things that you may not have thought to mention in your question may completely change the answer. If you want to be sure that you have a complete answer to your question and an understanding of what that answer means, establish a connection with a lawyer who practices in the area of your concern.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/11, 5:32 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

If they haven't answered in three years, it sounds like they have never looked at it. Even when banks turn down packages they tend to have some limited communication. Initially call and ask for a manager to see what has happened. And then get a lawyer to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/11, 9:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania