Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania


We are having an issue with our septic system, we just purchased the home about a year ago. I called the company that use to service the septic to get the prior pumping history so I can confirm that the sellers disclosure was falsely represented. The septic company told me that information is confidential and that I will need a subpoena from my lawyer for them to release the information. Is that correct?

I live in Pennsylvania.

Thanks so much!


Asked on 9/15/09, 2:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Well if they aren't going to share the information then you'd have to subpoena the records. Before you can do that you would have to file a law suit against the sellers. Hard to do without the information you requested. What you would need to do is file a Praecipe for a Writ of Summons.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.


Read more
Answered on 9/21/09, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania