Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

Joint realestate

Wife and I were seperated but not divorced, she has passed away, I previously signed off the property through an attorney, but my name remains on the deed. Taxes were due and I paid them. I should have checked first to see if the property is now legally mine. We have a daughter and she had a son to a previous marriage, if it is mine do I just go and have it put into their names?

Asked on 8/23/07, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

Re: Joint realestate

If the prior attorney did not prepare a deed to reflect the transfer to your wife, then that lawyer or a new lawyer can draft an appropriate deed transferring title to your daughter and stepson.

Good luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/07, 4:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania