Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

I have a mortgage out on my house. The problems are The foundation (basement walls) are falling down, Has plumbing problems, and just found extensive termite damage from basement up to the 2nd floor (1 wall is almost completely destroyed). What rights do I have to get out of this mortgage and home other than just a forclosure?

Asked on 6/06/11, 6:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Miriam Jacobson Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson

None. The problems have nothing to do with the mortgage lender. If it is only a short time since your settlement, you MAY have claims against the seller if it did not disclose issues that existed at the time of the sale, and against the home inspector and the company that did the wood destroying insect inspection, if none of those issues were flagged in their reports.

Consult a local real estate lawyer to find out if you have any such claims.

This response is not legal advice, since I do not have all of the information that would be required, and I do not have a representation agreement with you.

* If the answers to your question confirm that you have a valid issue or worthwhile claim, your next step should almost always be to establish a dialog with a lawyer who can provide specific advice to you. Contact a lawyer in your county or township.

* Another reason for contacting a lawyer is that it is often impossible to give a good answer in the Internet Q&A format without having more information. The unique circumstances of your situation and things that you may not have thought to mention in your question may completely change the answer. If you want to be sure that you have a complete answer to your question and an understanding of what that answer means, establish a connection with a lawyer who practices in the area of your concern.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/11, 7:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania