Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

real estate

my home is in my name only. I'm 81. Two of my children live with me. What happens to the house when I die? Can my children keep it?

Asked on 8/17/07, 6:17 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Miriam Jacobson Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson

Re: real estate

If you have a will, the house goes to the person or person you say in the will.

If you do not have a will, the house goes to the persons and in the order listed in the PA law about intestate [no will] succession. This usually is surviving spouse and/or children.

In either case, your children or whoever you name in your will, should administer your estate after you die, so that there are no questions about their right to inherit nor questions about debts and taxes having been paid.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/07, 3:54 pm

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

Re: real estate

Certainly your children can keep the house.

However, depending on if you have other children and other items to be given an estate plan is in order to make sure what you would like to happen does happen.

Services at an affordable fee.

Good luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 8/17/07, 6:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania