Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

My rights as a half home-owner

Recently my boyfriend and I purchased a house. We are unmarried. The relationship may not work out. What are my rights to the house? Do I have to leave? Does he? Do we have to sell it or split it? Does it work as a divorce?

Asked on 12/30/06, 3:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marc V. Taiani AAAL - Allegheny Attorneys At Law

Re: My rights as a half home-owner

First you should retain legal counsel...if you are thinking your relationship is not going to last and you're not even engaged or married, it probably won't. As for your house, who is listed on title, and more importantly how....this more than likely can be resolved in an amicable manner. However, if it doesn't then be prepared for a lengthy court fight.

For more information please contact my office at your convenience at 412.731.0865.


Marc V. Taiani, Esquire

AAAL - Allegheny Attorneys At Law, PC


Read more
Answered on 12/30/06, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania