Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Pennsylvania

naked pictures sent to cell phone

A DJ I used to work with will not stop sending me filthy pictures of himself to cellphone. Problem is, none of them show his face...

I also have several conversations with him via AIM where he offers money for sex, then tries to blackmail me with it if I said no. I did anyway, of course.

I can't find any cases where an online AIM conversation was admissible as criminating evidence, because the actually identity of the person on the other side cannot be proven. Second, I am concerned these pictures won't do me any good against him because they don't show his face.

HELP! This has to stop, but I don't want to push sexual harrassment unless I have a case. If it's going to be a complete waste of my time because the pics and conversations are inconclusive, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. But he's driving me crazy... I've changed my number twice but he keeps finding people I know and getting the new one. This can't continue!!!

Asked on 3/30/08, 6:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Roger Traversa Arjont Group (Law Office of Roger Traversa)

Re: naked pictures sent to cell phone

You asked about sexual harassment.

Doesn't matter if a person doesn't show his face if he's stalking or sexually harassing you then it can be proven. Everything on a computer leaves a trace. You need to find an attorney or police officer that can follow the threads to prosecute the case. Instant messages have often been used as evidence, and the pictures can be used as compared as soon as you can prove probable cause to obtain comparison images.

I would suggest bringing the matter to police and getting a restraining order and prosecuting for stalking and soliciting. Then sue for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Every fight can be won.



Read more
Answered on 3/30/08, 9:58 pm

Daniel Cevallos Cevallos & Wong, LLP

Re: naked pictures sent to cell phone

In cases like these, we cannot really file a sexual harassment case against a former employer. However, we find that sending a "cease and desist" letter from a lawyer often solves the problem cheaply and efficiently. Feel free to call or write and we can discuss your options.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/08, 9:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania