Legal Question in Traffic Law in Pennsylvania

hello i got a citation for driving without a licsence, the officer said if i got it resolved by court date at the magistrates he would lift it, how ever if he decides thathe doesnt want to lift it like he said can i get it thrown out on a the basis that he wrote down the wrong dates, the incident happened on wednesday may 16th of 2012, he wrote down the date as wed may 12th of 2012, and than again as wed may 12th were he swears to the fact that its honest and true to the best of his knowledge

Asked on 5/24/12, 12:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Andrew Solomon Law Office of Andrew A. Solomon

If you have license, then all you have to do is take it and show it t othe police officer and the charges should be dropped. If they are not you should plead "not guilty" and proceed to the hearing with your license. If you do not have a license, you have aproblem and should consult an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/12, 1:06 pm
Joseph Alexander Paletta Law Office of Joseph A. Paletta, Esq.

Good afternoon:

In general, you should always plead Not Guilty and request a hearing for charges such as these. What sections of the vehicle code were you charged with (these should appear on your citation). Specifically, were you charged with "driving without a license" or "driving on a suspended license" and if suspended, was the original suspension DUI related?

You should contact an Attorney who is within the area that the charges have been filed.

Our office does handle matters such as these. If you are in or around Allegheny (Pittsburgh area), Butler, Beaver, or Washington County, feel free to contact me to discuss this matter in further detail.

Joseph A. Paletta, Esq. /

AP, Paralegal

Tel: 412.391.7999

Read more
Answered on 5/24/12, 1:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania