Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

Family Problems After a Death

My Grandfather just pasted away and had a will which left everything to his wife and me and their daughter which hasn't been around keeps calling and saying shes comeong back and getting whats her's and is tring to get her mom out of the house and sell it so the daughter can have the money so we need to know if there is anything we can do to stop her from coming here or takeing things from here?

Asked on 12/09/07, 2:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hillary Snyder Hillary N. Snyder, Esquire

Re: Family Problems After a Death

The only person who now has the ability to take any action in regards to your grandfather's property is the Executor named in his will. His daughter, unless she is the Executrix named in the Will and has been sworn in at the Register of Wills, does not have the power to do anything. The Executor/Executrix basically steps into the shoes of your grandfather and has the ability to do anything he could do if he was still around, that includes persuing criminal charges if she does steal anything.

I would be more than happy to answer any additional questions. I give free initial consultations. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 412.963.8495


Read more
Answered on 12/10/07, 10:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania