Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

Laws on wills

My parents gave both my brothers there own trailor to live in and told me if I stayed with them and helped them out, that when when they died I would get their house. We all agreed on it because both my brothers wanted their own places right away because of their families and I was in no hurry to move out since I'm totally irresponsible and don't have the money to live on my own. Well at the end of July after 3 years, my brother, his wife and kids got kicked out of their trailor park, so my parents left them move back in with us. Now my brother said since there is enough room for them here that there's no reason for them to look for a place and they'll just live here until my parents die and take over this house. I said to my parents, Oh no this is my house when you all go, you promised me. My brother thinks I don't need it. Well just so there is no worries, I will now be driving my parents to their lawyers and paying to have a new will drawn up with my name as getting the house in the will. Now my question is, since they are both in bad condition, when they pass away will I have to go through court to get my brother out, or could I just tell them they have to leave whenever I feel like getting them out?

Asked on 9/02/06, 12:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Greg Artim Law Office of Karen L. Myers, P.C.

Re: Laws on wills

if they are living there at the time of decease, you would have to legally evict them through a proper court of law

Read more
Answered on 9/05/06, 2:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania