Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

Mother died. One surviving adult daughter. No will, no probate, no short certificate required according to court. Will the bank cash a check from the state of PA issued in decedent's name. To be cashed by surviving daughter.

Asked on 5/22/15, 9:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Why not ask the bank. If they say no then ask why.


Read more
Answered on 5/22/15, 9:25 am

Bank probably will not but you can ask. Daughter will need to get a short certificate if this in Pennsylvania.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/15, 8:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania