Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

Rights of the executor

My mother passed away. The will states that the estate be divided equally by the kids, but before she died she said that she wanted to have her church get an equal portion. I am the executor of the estate and was wondering if I can legally do this or if I can't since that is not what was in the will.

Asked on 11/01/07, 12:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Re: Rights of the executor

As the executor you have to follow the will. If she wished to modify the will then she should have done so.

If you don't follow the will the children will be able to sue you and possibly the church.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me the initial consultation is free.


Read more
Answered on 11/01/07, 12:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania