Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

How to view a Will

My mothers Dad just recently passed away. However she has not had a chance to view the will because she is not on good terms with the rest of her family. She has been told that she is in the will and that the will not be dispersed until her mother passes away. Is there no way for her to view the will to see what her father left her?

Asked on 6/19/06, 12:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Miriam Jacobson Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson

Re: How to view a Will

If your grandfather resided in PA, his will should be probated, or filed in the county where he lived. The personal representative, or executor, named in the Will has the responsibility for giving notice to all heirs and beneficiaries under the will. If you did not receive such a notice, you may contact the office of the Register of Wills in that county to ask if a will was probated, and, if so, ask if you could be provided with a copy. You may also ask the Register of Wills if you can file a "Caveat", which would entitle you to notice from the Register of Wills, rather than from the personal representative, that a will has been submitted for filing, and giving you an opportunity to object to it.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/06, 11:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania