Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

How can a business obtain all the forms needed to file, support and approve workman's comp.

Ex: A docter that shaw a patient and requested that the workman's comp forms be sent to him to be filled out.

What other forms are needed for this process, so the employee can recieve compensation? Are there general forms or are the forms company spacific? And where can this forms be obtained?

Asked on 11/10/11, 11:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terence Sean McGraw Warren & McGraw, LLC

Assuming that you are an employer, you should contact your worker's compensation carrier to report the claim. They will handle the process and guide you from there. They have all the forms that are needed. Under PA law, they have 21 days from the date of injury to investigate the claim and accept or deny it. They will provide your employee with the claim number and contact nformation to give to the doctor.

This answer to your legal inquiry is based upon the limited facts stated in your question. Accurate legal advice is based upon an exchange between a lawyer and a client. The lawyer can then ask about other facts that may change or confirm the answer. Without that exchange, this reply should be considered limited in value. You should rely on this answer only at your own risk. Direct consultation with a lawyer is always recommended. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 11/10/11, 11:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania