Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

Completely tore my left distal bicep tendon from the bone. Had surgery four weeks ago and return to doctors in July 15th.Doctor said it was as one of the worst years he has repaired in his twenty five year career. Wandering if this is a case an attorney would take.Doctor said at most after therapy maybe 50% use of dominate arm left arm. I climb trees and operate a bucket tree truck which is very hard labor. Currently recieving weekly comp checks and don't really know what my next step should be. It is a Va comp case. Also company sent a malfunctioning tree chipper out to us and that is what I injured myself on.Have pictures to prove it was not out back together right therefore making it four times harder to operate the shoot. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated

Asked on 7/08/19, 8:56 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Drew Quinones Drew Quinones, P.C.

Call me to discuss this 215-240-7565

Read more
Answered on 7/08/19, 9:22 pm
Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

1- You should obtain a consult with an experienced injury lawyer who handles products liability claims. Most of us provide a free consult & there's no attorney fee unless the lawyer obtains money.

2- You should obtain a consult with an experienced worker's comp lawyer. You say it's a VA WC claim but that needs to be determined. I don't know if VA or PA or another state is appropriate or which may be more advantageous for you but an analysis needs to be performed to see if you are entitled to any additional benefits. I suggest starting with a WC lawyer in your area. If it is determined that a WC claim can only be filed in another state the lawyer can refer you to a WC lawyer in that state.

3- Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/09/19, 6:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania