Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

I was involved in an accident in 2016 in a commercial vehicle while at work. My employer at the time apparently didn't take care of the hospital bill and are dragging their feet in regards to paying the bill. They also to my knowledge never provided me or the hospital with a workers comp claim number. What are my options in regards to getting them to pay the bill?

Asked on 11/04/17, 10:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

Usually when I see this situation the employer either doesn't have WC Ins coverage, or it has the mistaken belief that your claim will result in increased WC insurance costs. Sometimes it's just the HR or other department responsible not knowing there is an unpaid bill. Have you addressed this with HR? Have you asked for the name of the WC ins co? Have you asked if they turned this over to the WC Ins Co? The only thing you mentioned is the bill isn't paid. I need more info.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/17, 4:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania