Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

Hi, I am a police officer in Berks COunty, Pa, I injured my back at work, and was denied workmens comp, they are saying my injury was not part of my required duty, but it happened at work, what should I do?

Asked on 12/04/12, 7:59 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Drew Quinones Drew Quinones, P.C.

You need to speak with an attorney that is experienced in handling worker's compensation matters. Call me for a free consultation.


Read more
Answered on 12/04/12, 8:47 am

Terence Sean McGraw Warren & McGraw, LLC

If you were in the "course and scope of your employment," you are entiteld to workers compensation benefits whether or not the activity you were engaged in was part of your required duties. If what you were doing furthered your employer's interests, you were in the course and scope of your employment.

In addition to workers compensation benefits, you may also be entitled to Heart and Lung Act benefits. These benefits supplement your workers comp payments which would ordinarily be 20 percent of your pay and bring you up to 100% of your pre-injury pay.

Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions. 610-584-9400.

You should speak with a qualified workers compensation attorney as soon as possible. The process of pursuing your benefits can be somewhat long and drawn out, so getting started right away is a good thing.

If you would prefer to talk to someone closer to home, I can certainly recommend qualified workers compensation attorneys in your area.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/12, 12:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania